Wednesday, July 25, 2012
Wedding Playlists: Pre-Ceremony
Hey, so Ilana and I got married back in May. It was awesome. If you're reading this, there's a pretty good chance that you were there.
It was a perfect day for many reasons. Further down that list (though maybe not as far as you'd think), it was a chance for us to subject a captive audience to a large number of our favorite songs.
For those of you hoping to stage Ilana and Aaron Wedding historical re-enactments, I thought I'd put all of our wedding playlists up on the blog.
Today: Pre-Ceremony! Goal: A fresh, classy take on making people sit there.
Hoping to Avoid: "Next week, on a very special Gilmore Girls ..."
(1) Bloc Party - "Blue Light"
(2) Regina Spektor - "Fidelity"
(3) Broken Social Scene - "Anthems for a Seventeen-Year-Old Girl"
(4) Cass McCombs - "Dreams Come True Girl"
(5) Rogue Wave - "Eyes"
(6) Bon Iver - "Calgary"
(7) Gillian Welch - "Black Star"
(8) Sufjan Stevens - "For the Widows In Paradise"
(9) Robyn - "Hang With Me"
(10) Big Star - "Thirteen"
(11) Teenage Fanclub - "Your Love Is the Place Where I Come From"
(12) The Weepies - "Take It From Me"
(13) Ryan Adams - "When The Stars Go Blue"
(14) Passion Pit - "Moth's Wings"
(15) Explosions in the Sky - "Your Hand In Mine"
Bridal Party Entrance: Bon Iver - "Skinny Love"
Ilana Entrance: Jose Gonzalez - "Heartbeats"
Recessional: Huey Lewis and the News - "Power of Love"