[Guest List Week II continues with our first international entry! Live from Saltillo, Mexico, it's Ilana's co-worker Dionicio Solano! More than anything, I respect Dionicio's eternal devotion to Britpop. I'm so excited that someone else is still listening to Suede.]
(1) The National - "Sea of Love"
The National is more of an albums band, I had to pick one song out of what was my favourite album of 2013.
(2) Editors - "Formaldehyde"
Same story as the National, my second favourite band right now and a song from my second favourite album of 2013.
(3) Rhye - "Open"
Certainly of the most overplayed songs of the year at home, it helped that my wife loved it.
(4) Haim - "Forever"
Like a smash hit from the 80’s that never was.
(5) Blood Orange - "You’re Not Good Enough"
I discovered this guy this year, massively underrated.
(6) Ludovico Einaudi - "Run"
The title is 100% appropriate, running to this track is awesome.
(7) Travis - "Where You Stand"
Best track on the album by a mile, sounds like when Travis were amongst the best.
(8) Trails and Ways - "Nunca"
Underexposed, underrated, but not underplayed for me.
(9) Arcade Fire - "Afterlife"
This track has a deep personal meaning for me, very emotional and powerful track.
(10) Vampire Weekend - "Ya Hey"
I’m not 100% sure what the lyrics are about, but it’s pure VW awesomeness.
(11) Yeah Yeah Yeahs - "Sacrilege"
Awesome track by the YYY’s, Karen O at her best.
(12) Beady Eye - "Off at the Next Exit"
This might be Beady Eye’s best song so far (they don’t have many, but this one is really good).
(13) Disclosure - "When a Fire Starts to Burn"
Energetic start to a great album.
(14) Daft Punk - "Instant Crush"
These guys should do more tracks together.
(15) Johnny Marr - "European Me"
Who knew JM could sing?
(16) Foxygen - "San Francisco"
I don’t know about the lyrics here either, but the melodies are really good.
(17) The Naked and Famous - "What We Want"
Guilty pleasure track.
(18) Daughn Gibson - "Won’t You Climb"
This year’s DG album was not that great, but this track was awesome.
(19) Suede - "Hit Me"
Pure nostalgia for the times when Suede were the best.
(20) The Courteeners - "When You Want Something You Can’t Have"